Freezing Rain

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 13 1996 - 12:39:39 EST

Yuck! San Diego's in the sixties (F) this morning with a little bit of
fog. Expected high in the low seventies. Not that you need to move here!

As long as it's not well below zero by the time you reach the car, the
trick that always worked the best back home in Montana was to splash hot
water on the windshield. Too cold, and I suppose you could break the glass,
although it's tempered... Gotta get the whole window, and sometimes you
need more than one bucket. The big advantage is that the inside of the
windshield doesn't fog as the heat kicks in.

I suppose adding some Everclear (grain alcohol), while expensive, would
lower the effective temperature a lot, but I've never tried that.

Jim
               I ski, therefore I am.