Changing the ATF

From: Actor Troy McClure (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 1996 - 16:34:15 EST

> Dave,
>
> Just got off the phone w/ Mobil Tech. support. He said Mobil
> 1 ATF is fully compatible with regular ATF and complete
> draining (by disassembly) is not necessary. And, each time
> you change your ATF and put in Mobil 1, you get a higher
> concentration of it. But, you are right, complete disassembly
> is the only way to completely change your automatic
> transmission's fluid.

I think I remember seeing a kit from Summit or some similar catalog
that you used to drain the torque converter while it was still in the
car. You had to drill a hole in the converter, drain it, and then
put some kind of plug or rivet in there to keep the new fluid in.

Have you ever heard on anything like this, Kukukooter? Or am I
having those hallucinations again? ;^)

=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd (on order)