Overdrive ghost ...

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 1996 - 22:13:07 EST

Here is a weird thing that has happened to my Dak only twice, but I'm
still curious as to what it might be. Both times I have been on the
freeway at highway speed and for no apparent reason the O/D OFF light
came on and RPM jumped up, just like I had pressed the button. Only I
did not. I re-enganged O/D and everything went fine. About 2 or 3 days
later, same thing. I thought something was going out in the tranny but
it has not done it again for about 3 or 4 months. (knock on wood) I
thought that there might have been a short in the switch or maybe some
RF interferance had caused it (it happended close to the same place on
the same freeway, about a mile or so difference) I just wanted to know
if maybe there was something I could check like fluid levels or any
other maintnace procedure that might point to the problem, if there is
one. I would like to hear if anyone else has experienced anything like
this.

Things that make you go "hmmmmm..."

Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB