RE: Pinging on 87 Octane??

From: Justin Bouillet (justin@proxy-sys.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 1996 - 13:22:09 EST

> Don't complain about the price of gas in Toronto. $.64/l gets 89 octane in
Victoria. The real good stuff is $.70/l plus. I've been using Chevron for
years ... like the guy in the bunny suit.

Ahh, living in Alberta has its advantages. 50.9 cents/litre for 87 and 55.9 for 93.

I run my 87 carb'd Dakota on 87 unleaded and its got balls.(I can only smoke those `stangs off the line) I filled it up with 93 a couple of times and did not notice any difference (except price). I believe the owners manual mentions that my v6 is configured for 87 octane.

> It's warm and sunny here today ... shirt sleave weather, the cyclists are
back in short pants.

But, I guess living in Victoria has its advantages too...

Justin Bouillet

Calgary, Alberta