Re: Pinging on 87 Octane??

From: Norah Kiraly (kiralyn@tor.hookup.net)
Date: Fri Nov 15 1996 - 15:02:06 EST

At 09:49 AM 11/15/96 -0800, you wrote:

>>Seemed as if it was octane withdrawl. I've since gone back to 94 and enjoy
>>the increase in performance. Before everyone writes back - Toronto has
Sunoco
>>Ultra 94. Filled up today for .647 per litre (??? per gallon - my brain
>>doesn't do conversions at this time of day).

>>Norah Kiraly, kiralyn@tor.hookup.net
>>'95 Dakota Sport, 4x2 Club Cab, V6, 3.9L, black
>>

>Norah:
>
>That's interesting, I just got the same story from the dealer regarding my
>'97. He said anything more than 87 octane was a waste of money. My
>"trusted" mechanic suggests 89 octane. He been doing great work for me for
>years .... I'm a real fuss-arse.

Join the club (dakota club)! I know, bad pun. No sleep to day (converting
to day shit (shift). One mechanic recommended using 87 and once a month
filling it up with premium to clean it out. I don't want to have to think
about what gas I'm due for every time I fill-up. 94 it is and 94 it stays.

>It's warm and sunny here today ... shirt sleave weather, the cyclists are
>back in short pants.
>

>Robert P. Agnew
>ragnew@islandnet.com
>
>Victoria, British Columbia
>Canada

STOP WITH THE WEATHER REPORT -- it was -8 C when I came home this morning
and my ears still hurt from walking the dogs, facing the wind. I'm
extremely envious and if you keep it up - you and your wife and going to
have to adopt my dogs, truck and I.