RE: tech: wheel info

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 1996 - 16:36:39 EST

From: Clement_D on Fri, Nov 15, 1996 4:34 PM
Subject: RE: tech: wheel info

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:59:23 -0500
From: Lou Masciarelli <loumash@tiac.net>

>I am looking to buy some wheels for my truck. It's a 1/2 ton 4x4 and I
plan
>to put 31X10.5 15s on 15 X8 wheels. I found some American Racing Equipment
>wheels that I like. They are black steel wheels and are "powder painted".
>Is this marketing lingo for powder coated or is this a way to make regular
>painted wheels look good? Maybe Jay from Pep Boys would know? The are AR
>767 RWD, size 15 X 8 number 7675800. They are cheap, $40 apeace at the
>local Auto Palace. I also have found tires: Donlop Radial rover AT 31x10.5
>sr15 for only $86 each at Tire Rack. Please let me know what you guys
think
>as snow will be a flyin' soon!

Lou,

I have (4) 15x7 spoked steel wheels (5 lug on 4.5") that you are welcome to
have. They will need to be sand blasted and painted. Someone threw them in
the metal pile at the dump and I just could not leave them there.

Also, if you are primarily looking for snow traction the 10.5" width is not
your best choice. A narrower tire would work better.

Dave