Re: Fuel Prices

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 1996 - 17:17:37 EST

At 04:52 PM 11/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 96-11-15 12:57:45 EST, ragnew@islandnet.com (Robert P.
>Agnew) writes:
>
><< Don't complain about the price of gas in Toronto. $.64/l gets 89 octane
>in
> Victoria. The real good stuff is $.70/l plus. I've been using Chevron for
> years ... like the guy in the bunny suit. >>
>
>I am definately in the wrong part of North America...$1.60 for 92 octane at
>chevron here, do you mean liters?
>Kuk

Victoria may be south of the 49th, but it is still north of the border, with
a climate just like your San Juan Islands in Washington state.

Gas is sold in litres, distance is measure in kilometres. $.70/litre
roughly translates about $3.70 US dollars per US gallon...ouch! My math may
be out a wee bit ... I used 3.785 litres/US gallon and multiplied by 1.4 to
translate from Canadian to US dollars.

Our federal government (Ottawa) squeezes everly last penny out of a litre of
gas, we can't really blame the oil companies.

You may want to fill up before visiting Norah. Tread lightly on the
throttle and leave your handguns at home -:). Canada customs has quite a
collection.

Robert P. Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia