Re: Fuel Prices

From: Norah Kiraly (kiralyn@tor.hookup.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 1996 - 12:57:29 EST

>At 04:52 PM 11/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 96-11-15 12:57:45 EST, ragnew@islandnet.com (Robert P.
>>Agnew) writes:
>>
>><< Don't complain about the price of gas in Toronto. $.64/l gets 89 octane
>>in
>> Victoria. The real good stuff is $.70/l plus. I've been using Chevron for
>> years ... like the guy in the bunny suit. >>
>>
>>I am definately in the wrong part of North America...$1.60 for 92 octane at
>>chevron here, do you mean liters?
>>Kuk
>>

>Victoria may be south of the 49th, but it is still north of the border, with
>a climate just like your San Juan Islands in Washington state.
>
>Gas is sold in litres, distance is measure in kilometres. $.70/litre
>roughly translates about $3.70 US dollars per US gallon...ouch! My math may
>be out a wee bit ... I used 3.785 litres/US gallon and multiplied by 1.4 to
>translate from Canadian to US dollars.
>
>Our federal government (Ottawa) squeezes everly last penny out of a litre of
>gas, we can't really blame the oil companies.
>
>You may want to fill up before visiting Norah. Tread lightly on the
>throttle and leave your handguns at home -:). Canada customs has quite a
>collection.
>

>Robert P. Agnew
>ragnew@islandnet.com
>
>Victoria, British Columbia
>Canada

Visit me?? Who, what, where, when & why??

Seriously, if any on the list ever does come to T.O. (Toronto) e-mail me &
I'll show you the sights (our pop. is 4 mil. approx.) so it's quit large
with a lot to see. And most important, I'll introduce you to my Dakota!!

Norah Kiraly, kiralyn@tor.hookup.net
'95 Dakota Sport, 4x2 Club Cab, V6, 3.9L, black