Re: '93 Dakota V-6 4 x 4 club cab

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 10:37:37 EST

>>At about 35,000 miles my truck has developed a "rumble" (like going across
those warning strips in the hiway) at about 75 mph, felt best upon
deceleration. Anyone got ideas for this? Heard of it before?

I would first check the tire balance. My stock rims where so out of round
that keeping the tires balanced was a hassle. Had to be done about every
5,000 miles. I bitched to the dealer about it and the Manager (JERK) told
me they would'nt do anything about it because I probably hit a bad pot hole,
or hit a curb. Yea right on 3 out of 4 wheels? Anyway I replaced them with
some American Racing rims. They look better, but they use those stick on
weights for balance, which every now and then fall off. Which creates a
significant thumping, If my right front wheel drops a weight it starts
getting wild over 80mph...

Hope this helps..

Alan 94 V8 SLT