Re: RFI: Dakota Bed Cap - THANKS

From: Jerad J. Heffner (jjay@206.230.117.4)
Date: Mon Nov 18 1996 - 16:57:20 EST

Kraieski, Mark wrote:

> Thanks for all of the replies! I received a lot of positive comments
> about the LEER caps and went to look at them. My local LTAC (Leer Truck
> Accessory Center) dealer was not interested in haggling - "that's the
> price, take it or leave it." Came out to $1,000 installed with front
> sliding window, "deluxe" (roof mounted) 3rd brake light, 12V dome light
> (instead of battery), color-matched. Ouch! I'll have to call some of the
> other LTAC's and see if they will deal.
>
> I have the rear sliding window on my Dakota. The salesman recommended a
> "blow-up" seal between the cab and cap. I thought the accordion seal in
> the LEER accessory flyer looked better but he kept trying to steer me
> away from it. Do I need a seal? What's the difference in types?
>
> Thanks!

Hi. My dad has a blow up seal on his '92. It's great. If you ever
need to take it off (don't know why), but it's real easy. He got his
cap from a KOA campground nearby. You might want to check, if there's
one near you, and see if they have one. He was gonna order one, but they
had one ON THE LOT just like he wanted. I thought it would've been neat
to color match it. It's a real dark, almnost black, but not quite, cap.
But it's a Colorado Red truck. It doesn't look too bad really, but
anyway, back to the subject, if you can, check out a KOA. We've bought
many things there, and have always, except for one time, been cheaper
than the stores around here. that's all.