Re: New Guy in Texas -Reply

From: Scott Lemser (SLEMSER@Compucom)
Date: Mon Nov 18 1996 - 18:50:23 EST

Kuk,
The MSD box is a complete replacement for the factory ignition
system, right down to the programmable rev-limiter. As for the
headers, I'll have to look for the p/n at home since I'm still at work.
The traction part was easy, just lower your tire pressure to about
12-15 psi and make sure your All-Terrains look more like No-Terrains
when you do it. I should also mention that the low-14's are not
normal. It was done on at the Texas Motorplex, which has an
concrete strip, with 114 octane fuel and M/T Drag Slicks.
Normally, it will run upper 14's. However I am not in the habit of
racing my truck. The truck is used mainly for daily transportation and
helping the little Toyota's and Ford Rangers pull their boats out of the
water. I just love the looks on their faces when I succeed where they
fail miserably.

Scott Lemser

>>> <Kukukooter@aol.com> 11/18/96 04:20pm >>>
Welcome to the list, you must have some serious traction to net low
14 teens
at that mph. I wasn't aware Hooker made headers for the Dak, can
you shed a
little light on that part # ? How is that MSD hooked up? Is it boosting
your
coil only or is it controlling the timing and coil?
Kuk