Misc. BS

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 18 1996 - 20:21:27 EST

Hidy Ho Dakota Fans

Stumbled on to this location with help from my son. Been getting mail but
short on time to read and reply to it. There certainly seem to be some folks
whom seem to know somthing about Dakotas. I have a few questions and comments
to toss around.

I have a 1993 Dakota extended cab V8 2wd 3.9 rear limited slip originally
ordered and bought to haul our 35' pull behind travel trailer. Only hauled it
twice (did a good job both times) and then parked it on a lot and not moved
it since. But found the little red truck quite perky and then started reading
those articles in the mags and got a little itchy for "More Power". Been
researching and reading and checking out for about 3 years but this year we
got things rolling and bought a set of wheels and tires. It looked faster and
we had to take it to the drags strip. Went pretty good 15.6 at 89 MPH the
first week and that was with MP Computer and cat back duals. We tried
something new each week and kept going back. Last trip up there, the last
test and tune of the season, we got it down to 13.33 and 103 MPH. I thinks it
will do the 12's with little more than fine tuning and a good set of tires,
probably will find out in the spring.

The snag has to do with the timing on the MP computer. I have to use the
stock computer or retard the timing to that of the stock computer. I
installed a MSD 6200 and a MSD multi step retard but the 6200 went bad before
I could really check it out . I have been told that the MP computer will see
the retard and compensate therefore there will be no real retard. On the
other hand I was told the MSD retard is done after the MP computer and that
the MP computer does not see it and that it will work. Now I am trying to
find out if I can use the Snap-On MT 2500 scanner with the MSD hooked up to
check all this out ????????????????????
I have learned one thing and that is if it has to do with Mopars it will be
expensive and difficult.........

Any thoughts? Jump right in here and share them, please.

Willie Bill stompin them Mustangs!!!