Re: 87 Dodge dakota, 3.9L V6, auto

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 14:28:36 EST

I have a similar truck, but I've found very little available in the way
of performance parts. I did find a set of headers available from Clifford
Performance a while back. I don't have their number, but they advertise
in Popular Hot Rodding most of the time. If you buy some headers, be sure
that the oxygen sensor will mount on them if you want to stay emissions
legal. If you don't care, then it doesn't really matter since the motor
is carburetted. I also understand that there is a Gibson exhaust available
for this truck (do you have the long bed?).
I think I have info on this at home...I'll check tonight.

Anyone know of a shift kit for the tranny. The shift from second to third
is really weak and happens a bit soon I think.

-Jim.
'87 v6 auto 4x4

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com