Re: V-10 dakota

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 14:35:31 EST

I picked up the December HOT ROD mag last night. The sidewinder concept
truck is about the size of the Dak, but apparently uses no stock parts.
It has a V10 powerplant and is certainly sharp looking. I wouldn't
want to buy tires for it though! (21" wheels front, 22" rear)

There might be enough room in the engine bay front to back, but the
motor mounts would almost certainly need to be reengineered. The front
suspension would need to be beefier too, and a little extra weight in the
rear to make some traction would be a good idea.

-Jim.
'87 v6 auto 4x4

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com