Re: V-10 dakota

From: Gregory M Smith (gmsmith@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 15:44:09 EST

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Brent Cring wrote:

> All this talk about more power, made me think about my dream dakota,
> v-10 powered. Anyone ever looked into wether this is a possible
> change or seen one done like this? Not saying I would ever attempt it,
> but thought I would throw this topic out for discussion.
>
> Brent Cring
> 91 V-8 4x4

When I finish my current project of mounting a jet engine on a
hang-glider, I think I'll investigate the possibility of shoe-horning a
V-10 into my Dakota. I think "overkill" would be the term to describe an
undertaking of this sort.

Wait a minute! What am I saying? Will Tim Allen ever forgive me? Sorry.
A V-10 in a compact/midsize pickup truck means more power, and more
power is a good thing. Therefore a V-10 Dakota must be a very good thing.

I'm sure glad my Dakota doesn't have a 4-cylinder engine. I'd have a
serious inferiority complex by now.

Greg Smith
'93 V-8 4x2 Club Cab