Re: Montana

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 1996 - 22:05:24 EST

My brother who teaches driver's ed (keep it between the fog lines
stupid!) was told that by the local MHP who is the husband of his wife's
#1 friend (if you ain't confused now, you ain't ever gonna be). They're
talking about instituting a limit because of all the furriners who think
that they can drive 85-95 without knowing what they're doing.

You obviously passed a guy from the old school. When I got my first
driver's license in Great Falls the driver's manual said something like
your speed is excessive if you are tending toward the center of the
roadway (two lane roads only back then). Now I would presume that if you
were driving in the center of your lane on the Interstate you'd be okay or
at least have a point to start from if you talk to a judge. On two lane
roads, where the limit is "reasonable and proper" tend toward the fog
line.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE, GFHS '59, CGF '64