Octane

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 1996 - 11:32:24 EST

> the slower burn rate of the higher octane fuel results in maximum cylinder
> pressure after the optimal time in the engines stroke, thus less efficiency.

  If anybody has any information on burn rate of fuels with different
octane ratings, I'd love to see it. Every reference I've seen seems
to indicate that there is no significant difference in burn rate between
lower vs. higher octane fuels (at least in the range available as
pump gas).

  I still agree with Dave, other than that.

  Ron