Re: Upgrades for a '97 -Reply

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 1996 - 01:16:21 EST

I believe someone already stated it before, When a driver applies the brakes
in an
ABS activation event the wheel sensors or differential sensor monitors the
rotational speed of each wheel.The anti-lock computer (mine went
bad)automatically compares the speed of each wheel. If one wheel is slowing
at a faster rate than the others, the computer sees it as the wheel starting
to lock up. The computer then responds by pulsing the brake line pressure to
that wheel
so it continues to rotate. My tires are a half inch difference in diameter
and the computer does see that difference in a ABS situation. I have never
had a incident
yet to use them, but test them regularly in the wet northwest.
Kuk (ex-Sears Automotive brakeman)