Re: Underdrive pulleys

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 1996 - 01:16:12 EST

Daks are funny, adding both might not do anything to your times till
some other combination piece is added. I run the pulley's and the only
thing I noticed was my lights dim at idle.If you want to get your truck in
the 14teens as it sits, then try this...

Front tires 40 psi, rear tires 25 psi, 1/4 tank of gas with Turbo 108 octane
booster, front sway bar disconnected,
remove the rear spare tire, garden sprayer the intake manifold, exhaust till
you can leave your hand on them, push the truck up to the staging lanes, run
the heater on full blast till you stage, leave when the third yellow
illuminates (non-ET factor) by slipping the clutch at around 2200-2000 rpm
till you can nurse the truck into traction, leave the gas mashed while
shifting all gears, don't let up when depressing the clutch (power shifting)
and get some kind of ram air period...Daks
positively, absolutely, without a doubt, hate, hate, hate, hot engine
air...14.80's at 91-92mph easily...
Kuk