Re: '97 Dakota milage question

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 1996 - 23:56:04 EST

My '92 V6 5 sp'd gets 18-22 mpg on the road depending on how fast it's
driven and conditions. In town it gets 15-17 depending on how it's driven
and weather, lower mpg at lower temps. That's with a MP SBEC and 92
octane.

An acquaintance with a '92 V8 (auto) said that he gets about the same
mileage. Hard to tell how accurate someone elses mileage figures are, but
the guys an auditor, so.... Also hard to tell how hard he pushes it.

The Dakota's not light, so I wouldn't be surprised if the mileage was
pretty close. The V8 needs less throttle than the V6 to make the same
power up hills and into the wind.

Larry