Break In

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 16 1996 - 20:55:25 EST

Done a lot of breakins through the years and through careful research and a
lot of questions to really knowledgeable persons I have determined 2
possibilities. You make it a wimp or you make it a ripper. I prefer the
ripper. The ripper breakin is like this, spend the first 500 miles at the
drag strip but becareful not to slow down to fast until the brakes get seated
in good. The biggest damage to a new vehicle is heat and constant speeds or
RPMs. Drag racing it for first 500 miles eliminates all the above. I mean
take off easily and give hre hell and you'll have a ripper. Also this way if
there are any problems you usually find the right off, get them repaired and
then your on your way to a fine running future...

Bill