1st tank milage...kinda sucks

From: Actor Troy McClure (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 1996 - 09:14:33 EST

Hi:

I'm pretty sure that my truck was full when it left the dealer's lot last week.
 I've put on 220 miles so far. Today I added 17 gallons of fuel. That comes
out to around 13 miles/gallon. Yes, I have been riding her hard when the
opportunity presents itself. I've been trying to avoid red-line launches in
first gear but I've hit it hard in second and third when the traffic is light.

Page 26 of the owners manual says "full throttle acceleration while cruising
(within the limits of the local laws) is helpful to a good engine break-in" or
something to that effect.

I've been trying to avoid highway cruising at a constant speed but I haven't
been holding her under 55. If I stayed at 55 during the morning drive to work,
I'd have to scrape a number of little cars off of my rear bumper. 70 is the
normal speed for everyone on their way to work.

Here's my main bitch for my new Dakota: WHY DIDN'T I GET A DECENT CUPHOLDER?
I paid a buttload of money for this baby and I still don't have a place to set
my soda when I'm driving. I *hate* holding a cold soda in my crotch when I'm
driving. Every once in a while, a soda will spill a little and then I look
like I pee'd myself. I want a holder for my soda!!!

The bucket-seat setup has really cool drink holders. The trucks with no floor
console (automatics and non-4wd) have really cool drink holders. Trucks that
have floor consoles (like my 4wd with 5spd) get a really crappy drink holder
that doesn't work for squat. I got a medium soda today at lunch, put it in the
holder on the floor and the damn stick keeps crushing the top of the glass in
second and fourth.

Sooo, here I am driving around with soda-crotch. :^)

What happened to the part in the Dakota brochure where it says "you can even
put a 2-liter soda in there in case you get lost"??

I want my money back, CC. ;^)

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, 5.2L/5-spd