RE: To Pump or not to Pump? Rear Only An

From: Stephen Pchajek (swpc@gwl.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 19 1996 - 08:39:44 EST

At 06:45 PM 1996-12-18 +0000, you wrote:

>> Of course in snow, sand or loose gravel, just go to the floor and hold it
>> there.
>>
>> Mark
>> Mark E. Kraieski
>> Director, Enterprise Product Development
>
>Huh? Hold the break pedal to the floor when trying to stop in snow? Let me
>know if you ever come to Wisconsin so I can stay off the roads. I don't
want
>you sliding into me the first time it snows.
>
>-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

I think you're both correct, but Mark should have moved "loose" in front of
"snow". You can stop on any loose surface marginaly better by locking your
wheels and letting the material wedge up in front of your tires. However,
as it's only marginal, and as Scott says you lose all steering ability,
it's an ABS trade off I don't mind having.

--
Steve