Magnum Manifolds

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 19 1996 - 12:15:57 EST

In a message dated 96-12-19 09:24:56 EST, acasey@io.com (Alan Casey) writes:

<< As for headers, I have talked to several people about them, and I have
 decided not to use them at this point. Too little bang for the buck. They
 are only good for about 5 hp. The stock manifolds flow extremly well just
 like they are. >>
 Thank you, somebody does agree with me on this issue!!!!! The manifolds
are based off of the 69 T/A manifolds and when compared to each other
on a flow bench, the Magnum's driverside flowed 115% and the passengerside
flowed 95% (bad casting dogleg on #8 runner) of the T/A's. A little porting
and polishing
on them makes a sizable difference, Besides, if headers only give a "Peak 15
horse"
that should state their reputation as excellent flowing manifolds. I would
rather spend
$450 for Extrudehone to do their magic on them. I can also bet that any
header on any
Dak will pop and fart in gear on decel. The ported manifolds on my combo does
not.
Anyone in the club who has headers with a set of manifolds thrown in the
corner, I would be
more than happy to take them off your hands. It is also funny when people
look under the hood
and expect all the given's (headers, chrome, blower etc...) and see stock
valve covers
and manifolds, hee, hee...bravo Alan...

Kuk 0-10mph 0.8 seconds (:^)~