Re: RAM Stepside

From: Chris Smith (mopar@tough.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 1996 - 14:17:33 EST

John Walker wrote:

> I know this is a Dakota site, but most of you are Dodge Truck fans in
> general. I was driving around my local Dodge Dealer tonight when I noticed
> a Ram Stepside. It was a great looking truck. Many of you probably knew
> about it, but I have never seen any publicized info on the truck. To my
> knowledge, It wasn't in Mopar Performance News, Car and Driver, or many of
> the major magazines. Is it a limited production run? If a Ram looks that
> good, wonder what a Dakota step side would look like?

I've had a close look at the 'Ramside' as they call it. It's an all
fiberglass fender, even inside the bed. Not very practical if you ever
carry anything in the bed. Based on this I think it may be an
after-market conversion. GM's stepside is also fiberglass fenders, but
metal bed and bedrails. IMHO the styling of the truck doesn't need help
from a stepside like the fords do.

--
-Chris Smith
mopar@tough.com