318 Magnum Torque

From: JLee861054@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 20 1996 - 00:06:30 EST

I had been archiving previous posts on setting up the
318 Magnum 5.2 V8 for maximum torque, I failed to
back-up the info to disk and lost it.

I would appreciate any input on how to maximize the towing
capability of a 92 Dakota 318 Magnum V8 4X4 with
A518 Trans and 3.90 gears. The truck came with towing
package. I added (in line with factory cooler) the largest
Hayden Trans cooler I could fit in front of the radiator.
Near future, I plan on having a local performance
transmission shop (Art Carr) add a shift kit.

In one of the posts I lost, someone commented that, for towing
purposes, I would be better off to build the 318 Magnum for max
torque, than to swap in a 360 magnum. Anyone know the torque
rating for the 318 Magnum vs 360 Magnum?? at what RPM ???

I would consider an RV cam if I knew which cam and where
to have it installed in the Los Angeles area.... Any suggestions?
While I am quite sure that the dealer is capable, I would prefer
someone more performance oriented, install the cam.

Looking forward to reading responses.

Jack Lee JLee861054@aol.com