Re: RWAL

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 1996 - 00:26:38 EST

Many, many years ago Road & Track did a braking test with several
vehicles, one being a Dodge sedan. The only vehicle that stopped shorter
when it was loaded to what they figured was a maximum load (this was
before GVWR's) than with just the driver was the Dodge sedan. It was nose
heavy enough with just the driver to lock up the rears, but with the full
load it didn't lock the rears. This was before disc front brakes were
widely used as I remember.

Larry Elliott