Dakota Mailing List Daily Dige

From: m.kneebone@genie.com
Date: Tue Jan 07 1997 - 22:47:15 EST

Hi, my six week old '97 Dakota (3,200 miles) is rusting above the chrome on
the rear bumper. Has anyone else had trouble with this?

Additionally, the floor carpet where it meets the center portion of the
console (where the idea is the beauty cover of the console covers the cut
portion of the carpet) is coming out - it is as though the carpet is cut to
short and once it got a little wear and tear, pulled down just a little and
now hangs over trying to fall away from the console. Is this common?
Should I just glue it back in place or insist in some kind of other fix?

In some situations, the remote control for door entry does not work at all
(even trying the remote inside the truck or at anyplace around the truck or
inside). I now carry both controllers to see if it is something to do with
an individual controller or the truck itself but this is an intermident
problem and of course I never seem to have both controllers in my pocket
when it strikes.

And finally, sometimes the speedo/odo/cruise will quit working for sometimes
one or two minutes and then come back. Of course, when I show up at the
dealer there is nothing to "show" them, so there has been no resolution to
this (I went through every connector I could find and made sure they were
tight). Does anyone have any idea of how the speedo is driven (it looks all
electronic to me) and where the common problems might be at?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

Michael Kneebone
President,
Iron Butt Association
kneebone@ironbutt.com