Re: air injection tube????

From: M. Jass & A. McEntee (mjass@magi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 00:42:08 EST

At 07:36 AM 31/12/96 -0800, you wrote:
>On the catalytic converter there is a little tube that comes out the side
>and runs up to an air switching valve. Mine is broke at the converter and
>is on order but wont be here till friday..... My question is will it hurt
>the conveter or anything else if I continue to drive it until lthe part
>comes in? It does make afunky noise and also when the rpms come up it does
>sputter a little through acceleration but once your at speed it quiets and
>smooths considerably.
>
>Dion
>89 3.9 2WD

As long as it's not upstream from your O^2 feed back sensor you should be
alright. On my 87 the O^2 sensor is on the exaust manifold, and the air
streem enters just before it when the engin is warming up. Once the engine
is warm it diverts the air to enter the exaust stream just after the Y pipe
and before the Cat' conv. your EFI set up might be different.

Michael Jass
87 Dakota long box, SE, 2WD 3.9(carb)->904(3 spd. auto)->3.0 (sure Grip)
62 Cadillac Sedan de Ville