Re: Transmissions

From: sam_p@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 17:20:02 EST

On 01/08/97 15:20:29 you wrote:

>>Chrysler does NOT make suckwad trannies. Only Ford can be so accused.
>>Chevies are nearly bulletproof, but they're not very efficient. The
>>Chrysler slush pumps were, for a very long time, the most efficient
>>in the industry. They are still the smoothest shifting.
>>

>I don't know about the automatic, but the NV-3500 is a piece of shit!!!! I
>have had several different vehicles with 5spd transmissions but this is the
>first one I have had so much aggravation with. I have had the damn thing in
>for tranny service 4 times since I have had it (60,000).
>(1st:rebuild,2nd:replace shift fork,3rd:replace front bearing,4th:replace
>shift tower)
>
>I love my truck but this is its weak link. I am searching for a non
>chrysler replacment, or someone that can rebuild it with better components.
>
>Alan...

        Is that starting at 60000 miles, or is that the CURRENT mileage... I have
50000 on mine right now, and haven't had a bit of problem... IMHO having anything
rebuilt (by Chrysler, AAMC?, etc.) with tranmissions eventually fail (a lot sooner
than they should). Heck, with my friend's FORD E4OD trans, they (Ford) won't work
on it... Each time he went in (3 times) they REPLACED the entire transmission...

        ...Sam '95 SLT