Re: Transmissions

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 22:26:51 EST

I must agree with Sam, I had the shift fork bust only cause I missed the
shift power-shifting with slicks and traction bars. I have beat the shit out
of my tranny since it had 70 miles and even the clutch hasn't started
slipping 20000 miles later. Soon I will be installing a Centerforce
Dual-Friction cluch and if something is gonna break, that will be the time.
As for performance, my first gear 4.01 mated to 3.91's stock, will take a
stock A518 outa the hole everytime and I have had both. I remember running
15.0's in my auto with 2.3 sixty footers and running the same ET in the stick
with 2.1's, both on street tires. I honestly believe if they made that fork
out of Billet Steel instead of the pot metal I busted, that tranny would be
bulletproof. IMHO....
Kuk