Re: Child Seats

From: winnerman (winnerman@inetnow.net)
Date: Sat Jan 11 1997 - 19:09:47 EST

Dave Hornback wrote:

> Sounds like you need to make that tranny last a while longer. I keep a
> child seat in the back of my 95 club cab. You have to use one of those
> little metal clips to lock the seatbelt but it works pretty good. I keep it
> on the passenger side which slides forward better so it's easier to get the
> kid in and out. Good for up to 120mph.............. sorry, couldn't resist.
>
> Dave
>
> At 09:33 AM 1/11/97 EST, mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com wrote:
> >Jim McBride asked in my last post, after I mentioned that my '90 Dak
> >was about to be trade-in Bait:
> >>
> >> You are going to trade up to a '97 aren't you?
> >>
> >Well - heres the poop regarding what Edmunds has to say about the '97
> >Dakota:
> >
> >ChryCo really missed the Boat on this one. They had a chance to make the
> >BEST truck of the year, but they blew it in three ways:
> >
> >1) They did not put a passenger side Airbag Cutoff switch in.
> > - I have a Baby girl and a Car Seat may or may not (I haven't checked)
> > fit in the back seat of the cab. If it doesn't - I cant buy it. *No
> > car seats in the front seat because of the Airbag*
> >2) The '97 Dakota still does not meet 1999 Side Impact Safety Stds.
> > - I realize they don't have to yet, but I do thinks safety counts for
> > something and most vehicles DO now meet this standard.
> >3) There is no third door on the extended Cabs.
> > - They definitely shoulda coulda woulda put the third door on the
> > cab. I mean After all ChyrCo did invent the 2nd Sliding door on the
> > back of Mini vans, How much trouble would it have been to put a 3rd
> > door on the Daks?
> >
> >With these comments, I think I might just wait and see what the '98
> >model brings! Whatdoyouallthink?
> >-Rick

Put the kid in the center. You will not have to use the locking clip
and the kid will be much better protected in case of any side impact.
You can also keep a better eye on the kid and tend to their needs easier
when they are in the center. The center back seat is the safest seat in
the vehicle.

Father of a 3 3/4 year old.
Craig