Leadfooters

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 11 1997 - 18:40:50 EST

Just some info for you guys...Did you know that the stock magnum rods are
forged steel? They weigh 726 grams. If emissions aren't a concern, then Crane
has a cam for you. I run the 2030 CompuCam which at .050 is follows: 204/208
duration and 458/467 lift on a 114 centerline. Crane offers two more cams
that are compatable with the computer but not emissions legal. The specs are
at .050... 214/220 duration and 520/531 lift on a 112 centerline and the same
came grind on a 106 centerline. Spring change to duals is required for these
rollers. The one I am looking at is the 112 which doesn't produce much torque
but gobs of midrange and upper rpm horsepower. This is perfect for my
application due to the light rear end, so spinning tires won't be a major
issue but after the truck has planted, it'll pull hard to shift points. I got
the part # handy if anyone is interested. Sam is in California so the would
throw him in prison for such a beast. With this cam, heads being ported, and
exhaust crossover upgrade, I am predicting high 12's for this setup on the
motor.Any questions on this setup, E-mail me...
Kuk