Re: Truck arrived!

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 1997 - 12:42:25 EST

<clip>

> Last night while at idle at a light, I hear a chime (Thought
>the wife had opened the door) and got a check gauges light. I just got
>a glance at the oil pressure gauge and saw it below the safety bar but
>it returned to normal (Just below 40 Lbs) instantly....wierd.
> I cannot get it to do it again (And I have tried). It is full
>of oil and I cannot explain it, any ideas?
>
> Steve

Steve:

Congrads on your new truck, it's very similar to mine (I have a SLT).
According to the owner's manual
the check guages light will come on as a reminder if any of the guages move
outside of the normal operating
range. My oil pressure drops nearly to the bottom of the normal range (it's
metric in Canada ... I don't know what it is in lbs., but it's the lower
line) but not below. I wonder what will happen during very hot weather,
will the oil thin and the pressure drop outside of the range as yours did.
I suggest you check with
the dealer, perhaps the oil pressure sensor is faulty.

Is your steering wheel lock working correctly? Mine only works
periodically, no matter what position I leave the wheel it. It is starting
to work more often as time goes on. I'll get the dealer to look at it
during the
first service.

If you don't have the flares, you may want to think about mud flames. The
lower edge of the door is directly
in line with the front wheels and mud ends up on the lower inside of the
door and the rocker panel. The molded
Chryler mud flaps reduce most of this.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com