Re: I think it's over... FIPK?

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 1997 - 02:42:57 EST

> So, Glad to say that the MP SBEC isn't for sale. I did
> I have put the stock SBEC in to save a little on fuel...BOY,
> you guys/gals with the stock SBEC don't know what you are missing..
> I even put the stock aircleaner back on to see how easy it would be
> to remove the other stuff... No problem.. I'll run like that for a
> while...

Sam,it's good to hear you're keeping the Dakota. I was feeling bad for
you. THE CRISIS IS OVER, EVERYONE REMAIN CALM :-)

Anyhow, getting serious again, If you wanted better gas milage wouldn't
you want the FIPK on there? I thought it was suposed to give a little
increase in milage, did I hear wrong? Maybe it's the intake roar of the
FIPK that makes you want to gun it when entering the freeway that kills
your millage!

And speaking of FIPK's mine arrived today! Thank's to everyone (Sam &
Ken Mansfield) who replied privately to my question on istallation. It
took me about 1 hour, and was as simple as they said. I've only driven
with it about 1 mile (road test) so far, but I love it already. The
sound is great, the accellaration is noticeably better and the look
under the hood is awesome. Couldn't go far because of all the ice on
the roads here (north of Houston), I'll do a more complete test tommorow
when things thaw out and the college opens back up.

Speaking of the ice, I almost had my own crisis involving the Dakota,
and it wasn't driving related. Down here in Texas we never see ice or
snow but every 2 years or so, and then it is mild. Sunday night it iced
over good and at 4:00am I checked outside and just happended to decide
to move the Dakota away from the power lines (the tree it was setting
under never crossed my mind). About an hour later, the oak tree where
it was parked split in half and a limb about 17 inches in diameter fell
exactly where my truck was parked! It would have been totaled, no
question. Left me with a sick feeling for hours afterwards. Imagine
UPS delivering my shiny FIPK, and nothing to put it on.

Anyway I'm glad old Sam got his priorities straight:
UNIT, CORE, GOD, DAKOTA -- "It's our code sir." -AFGM-

--
-
Michael Clark        mike@snakebite.com