Re: I think it's over... FIPK?

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 1997 - 15:56:35 EST

Michael Clark wrote:

> > I've only driven
> with it about 1 mile (road test) so far, but I love it already. The
> sound is great, the accellaration is noticeably better and the look
> under the hood is awesome. Couldn't go far because of all the ice on
> the roads here (north of Houston),

if you like that... come on by sometime (west Houston) and check out our
custom hi-flow throttle bodies... layaways... ok... and maybe great
deals for hard working college students...:)

> Speaking of the ice, About an hour later, the oak tree where
> it was parked split in half and a limb about 17 inches in diameter fell
> exactly where my truck was parked!

he's not kidding... at 4:00 i went home from shop after 18 hrs at the
porting bench and it was an ice storm like i have never seen before
(been here 23 yrs) roads were white, and [definitely not roadster
weather!] my road was blocked by my neighbors BIG, I mean BIG oak tree
that had come down and crashed into his truck and crushed the cab,
cocked it way over and the rest of it was in the road. a neighbor used
his industrial size fork lift to move it in the morn. i walked thru the
cold neighborhood and head many "cracks"... "crack"... as oak & pine
limbs came down... like the aliens had landed and were eating us all
up... and we couldn't do nothing about it. one neighbor's oak hit his
roof and left 3 gaping holes in it (bummer!! :() could you imagine cold
melting ice dripping into the bedroom... as you and momma were about to
enjoy the serenity of it all...
yes, its all relative... not like seattle... but houston got beat up
good... and they are calling for maybe more 'o same this weekend, too...
yes... hazardous duty for dakotas...

Jules/MPI
99 Tech Central
Dodgeville, RAM USA