Re: Mud Flaps on 1997 Dak....

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 1997 - 08:33:41 EST

> I would like to install mud flaps, but my truck has the
> factory flairs which does not lend to easy installation of flaps.
> Anyone got any ideas?

  Well, my experience is with a '95 SLT that has the factory
flare trim around the wheel wells, but I'd guess it still applies
after the '97 restyle.

  Don't bother with the generic semi-custom molded mud flaps.
They were a pain in the ass to install, and didn't protect my
quarter panels worth a damn.

  I had great luck with the generic flat mud flaps. Installed
them using the same screws that attach the factory plastic trim,
plus one no-drill clip. Look a lot better than the semi-custom
molded flaps, plus they actually work.

  Ron