Low octane gas

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 1997 - 14:58:31 EST

Just got back from Ruidoso N.M. Last night, went for some very cool skiing.
Anyway, its the first time I have travelled past San Antonio since requiring
93 octane gas (MP SBEC). Once I got as far as Fort Stocton TX, I could not
find anything above 91, and a couple of times 90 was the highest available.
Any reason for this, like elevation or something? In Roswell NM I saw the
cheap stuff was only rated at 86. Hell thats even too low for my wife's
Honda according to the owners manuel..

Just curious.

Alan...