TBI Porting

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 01:48:35 EST

 Just got done reading Kuk's upgrade on the home page, & it got me to
thinking (someone slap me :)

 I'm a tool & die maker, & at work I use what are called "wire EDM"
machines. Basically (=real= basically), these machines cut metal with
electrically charged wire running vertically between two pulleys. The wire &
the piece to be cut are under water. The wire travels in a computer
generated horizontal path, accurate to within +/- .0001". Positioning of the
wire/workpiece is accurate to +/- .000039". It can also cut at up to a 10
degree taper. The finish of the cut metal is just like glass. (BTW.... you
can have one in your garage for only $160,000 :)

 So, I'm thinking about EDM'ing my TBI. I can hold any spec, shape (round,
square, heart-shaped, whatever). I can taper the venturies top to bottom,
bottom to top, top & bottom meeting in the middle. I can move the bore
centerlines in, out, front, back. You get the point. And, each bore will be
=identical=.

 The question is..... what spec? What diameter? Tapered?

 Kuk..... any ideas?

    Thanx.

                   Maddog