Performance and efficiency

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 10:13:14 EST

> > what chemical fucntion (theory) is suggested that would allow a high %
> > of the air/fuel mixture to more completely burn given the limits of
> > todays combustion chamber design and cooling systems?
> >
> > what do you think of reverse rotation of the water relative to ignition
> > and thermo-efficient designs of a cast iron cylinder head?

> I bet the next thing that will follow this thread will be
> the story about the guy that strapped a JATO to his car somewhere
> in the Arizona desert, and fired it off! (He died, end of story).

  Actually Jules brings up a couple of good issues. Personally,
I'm concerned with performance mods that the average DIY wrencher
can accomplish in his home garage. Not merely bolt-on parts, but
some system tuning as well (I think that DIY wrenchers are capable
of messing with embedded controllers, if and when manufacturers
publish interface and command data).

  I don't know if I would want to mess with my set of stock heads
to possibly increase burn efficiency through combustion chamber
modification. But from what I've read, reverse cooling systems
can help increase performance. Routing cooling to where it's
needed most (heads)? What effect does reverse cooling have on
combustion efficiency? Has anybody tried reverse cooling on
the CC 5.2 Magnum? I don't know, but am willing to discuss it.

  Ron "Steer This Conversation Away From The Conspiracy Theory" Rader