RE: Bucking, intermittent missing Update

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 13:31:18 EST

From: rfkoth@meq1.ra.rockwell.com@INTERNET on Fri, Jan 24, 1997 12:17 PM

>I replaced the thermostat. Now the temp gauge is actually reading , with
>needle at about 1\3 way up. Still getting the same trouble codes, however,
>and the "bucking,missing" problem is getting progressively worse. First
>started a week ago, and only did it once in a while. Now its to the point
>that it is almost undriveable. Guess I'll try the coolant sensor next.

The trouble codes do not just go away. Disconnect the battery for about a
minute, that will clear the codes (you will still get 12 & 55). If you still
get the 17 code then the coolant sensor could be the issue. The sensor that
the computer uses will trip the check engine if you disconnect it where as
the sensor that runs the gauge will not (the gauge will go to the bottom -
cold - when disconnected).

Dave Clement