Re: Auto (unfortunately)

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 23:50:12 EST

At 05:11 AM 1/24/97 -0500, you wrote:

><< -Master Of Reality
>

> '93 Dakota Sport
> 318 CID
> auto (unfortunately) >>
>
>Why "unfortunately"?

 I don't get it either. The 5 speed may have a small advantage in the 1/4
mile, more gears to keep the engine in the powerband. This advantage goes
down, then disappears with more power. The question is.... who here spends
most of his driving time on the strip? In real life situations, the auto
will leave better, shift better, and not screw up.

 Way back when I built up my '68 440 six pak GTX, all my friends wondered
why I went with a torqueflite instead of a 4 speed. With 4.56 gears, 12"
slicks, 3000 stall, & a pinion snubber, I'd leave them on the line wondering
where they went wrong.

   Maddog, Master of Nothing. (But, I don't have to ask Mom to use her computer)