Auto (unfortunately)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 05:11:07 EST

<< -Master Of Reality

 '93 Dakota Sport
  318 CID
  auto (unfortunately) >>

Why "unfortunately"? 93 could not get 318 with 5 spd. I run a 93 ext cab 318
Auto and have yet to have a 5spd Dakota even come close off the line or in
the run. I have gotten beat off the line by other automatic Dakotas but not
yet in the run. I hate excuses and with the auto you just torque it up a
touch, punch it and hang on, the 5 spds spin all over the place, grind gears
and miss shifts(I seen one guy in a Ram long box 4X4 with 318 do a 15 flat in
the 1/4, he hit 5th instead of 3rd 3 times). So what is so unfortunate about
the automatic?????? I have read where a lot of folks here do well with the 5
spds but I haven't run across them out here. I'm pretty happy with the auto
and the TCI shift kit in it. It gets old in a hurry listening to all the
whining about revved it to high off line, didn't feather the clutch enough,
missed a shift, didn't get it all the way in and it popped out of gear, ect,
ect. Cheese gets expensive you know.

Just curious

Bill

PS