Re: Intro & some experiences

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 1997 - 00:07:00 EST

I think that it's really interesting that the 5.2's get the same or better
mileage as the 3.9's given similar transmissions and driving habits.
Before I got my 3.9 I had a (hold your noses please) Mazda B2600, 4x4, 5
sp'd that got worse mileage than the Dakota although it's a smaller,
lighter vehicle with an engine with only 2/3d's of the displacement and
power. The Mazda had to be driven at full throttle with any sort of head-
wind at 65-70 mph.

My favorite magazine, because of (among other things) their positive
attitude towards anything made by Chrysler, Consumer Distorts always
recommends against optional larger engines because of fuel mileage. They
probably never drive over 50 mph though. BTW the AutoXray indicates that
my 3.9 needs about 25% throttle opening to run 65-70 mph.

Larry Elliott