Re: New Dakotas

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Sun Jan 26 1997 - 08:07:34 EST

Craig;

I posted yesterday *New Dakota Delivery*, since that post my salesman
called (good friend) after he got home from work yesterday and said my
scheduled ship date was set at 2/6/97. To bring you up to speed, talked to
dealer with my wish list on 11/23/96, told him I would place the order on
11/26/96, daughter wrecked 'Neon' on 11/25/96, held off official ordering
until 12/10/96 (insurance took care of 'Neon'). I think because I know the
dealer, I was very serious about what I wanted and these trucks are hard to
come by (due to demand) he put in an order knowing full-well he had time to
change things (prior to my signing on the dotted line). Originally I did
not expect to see the truck before March sometime, but when he told me it
was built the week of 1/6/97, I almost fainted (had to also sell other
truck, no lookers at that time ..$$$$$..)

L. John Morris
!!!! Your Local *HEMI* Owner !!!!

Soon to be new Dakota Owner
SLT+
CC, 4WD, 5.2L, 5SPD, 3.92LS

PS: someone tell me, the brochure states that the rear ax is 3.92, is this
right, or should it say 3.90?