Re: Auto (unfortunately)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 26 1997 - 12:13:12 EST

<< I love my auto! Get's lonely on the list for us auto guys. I've never
 driven a 5spd. Driven very few sticks only for short distances...
 Might not know what I'm missing, but I'm more than satisfied with the
 auto... >>

I have had a few and they are not bad, you can really make the pipes sound
cool.. I had a 69 Dart 340 brand new (what I would give to have it now) 4 spd
and 3.91 posi, run the hell out of it on a dailey basis and it run good.
Would come out of the hole on the 2 bbl and then dump the 4 bbl, rarely ever
got beat out of the hole and woooped the tar out of a lot of autos, but that
was a 4 spd and a lot less chances for missed shifts, did miss one and put a
push rod through the rocker arm. But 5 spd and todays shifters, there are to
many oportunities for error. They do sound cooool though.

Bill