Re: Synthetic Oils

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 1997 - 21:54:13 EST

Brian Cleary
bcleary@interlog.com

----------
> From: WillTier@aol.com
> To: Kukukooter@aol.com; dakota@sseg.ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Synthetic Oils
> Date: February 4, 1997 8:00 PM
Snip

> adjust valves. Everything was coated with a wax like coating (posssibly
> parafin?) I felt Oh Oh what do the passages look like? I got it out and
went
> to Pennzoil until I could get Castrol again. After putting in Pennzoil it
> started using a quart in about 1500 down from 3000 but the next tune up
the
> engine was a lot cleaner and less waxed up.. Bye Bye Valvoline..
>
> Bill

280,000km's on my 89 Sport using standard dino juice (Pennzoil, Quaker,
Valvoline depends on what mood I'm in!) and still going strong. Uses 1/2
Litre between oil changes. Recently had valve covers off to upgrade leaky
cover gaskets and all was clean and shinny.
So what more would Synthetics give me!?