Re: Dakota Exhaust

From: Sam (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 1997 - 19:49:48 EST

Marc Poland wrote:

> Thanks for the info re rationale for the left side kink. I know many
> cases where people have learned the hard way that they are not as smart
> as the factory designers - or at least don't have access to all the same
> data. This appears to be another case where cheap & easy add-ons to get
> power improvements in fact undermine the 'total system' integrity of the
> factory design.
>
> That not withstanding, I have a 97 Dakota now on order with the 318 and
> am considering mods to the exhaust for improvement in mid-range power,
> sound character, and fuel economy. Does Ed Hansen have experience with
> the Dakota's? Who is he and where does he work? How can I get in touch
> with him?
>
> Thanks.
> Marc
> marc.poland@snet.net

        I spelled his name wrong! OOps... It's Ed Hanson's Muffler
Service (619) 698-7030 He's in San Diego, CA. He has been quite
a few magazines (Trucking, Sport Truck, others...) doing exhaust
setups for them... He has done quite a few 'special' setups
(early '92-'93 Dakotas) a while back...I am not current with
what is out, or what he does for, '96-up Dakotas (Mine's a '95
with only one O2 sensor), but he's worth a the phone call to find
out.

        Also Jules from Magnum Performance should have the latest
scoop on ANY Dakota related issue... (713) 754-RACE... In
TEAAAAAXAAS.... :)

        ..Sam '95 SLT