Re: Synthetic Oils -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 06 1997 - 18:55:48 EST

** High Priority **

I've been running Valvoline since I got the truck back in March of 93
and I've never had any problems. Hmm. . .it may be because I have
put in 2 quarts of Slick 50 in that time, though. I think I've only
ever had to add about 2 quarts of oil total in all this time, and the
motor has about 74K miles on it now. . .still running strong, too.

- Rob Cobb

>>> <WillTier@aol.com> 2/6/97, 09:34am >>>

<< Semi-sythectic does ot contain the parafin that conventional
Valvoline
carries in suspension. I've fought this one of many a time Bill,
trust me, no
wax in my motor or ears...The only wax in my truck is from waxing
mustangs.
 Kuk >>

I hear you loud and clear, no wax in my ear either.. The one time was
enough
for me on Valvoline, but I believ you. I think I will go with the
Syntec just
because of the truck setting for longer periods and not being run and
because
I put so few miles on it that it would not be excessively cost wise.
Thanks
for you 2 cents though. Other than cost I have seen no bad reports..

Bill