Re: 2" exhaust system? -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 09:22:00 EST

I, for one, do not have the bucks to drop into such a system
(true duals w/ custom).

However, I did get a Flowmaster put in last weekend with a
3" tailpipe coming out in front of the RR. WOW! Lots of
sweet burbling noise. Not harshly loud, but I, too, can no
longer hear the rush of air into the FIPK :(

I've also lost a little on the bottom, as many of you have
predicted. So, I'll get a 2.5" bent and send it out the back
soon, to get it back.

I do think the top is a little stronger, though.

Oh, so far, I've spent $90.

klm

>>> <DesignTech@worldnet.att.net> 02/06/97 03:44pm >>>
doesn't anyone out there have a true dual exhaust system
like i do??

the factory plumbing to the cat is the part you have to get rid
of, it has
a kink in it. i trashed the whole system and started over new
with two 2.5"
pipes, 2 cats and 2 one piece turbos, and to top it off with 2
3" chrome
tips

----------
> From: Sam <samp@cts.com>
> To: dakota@sseg.ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: 2" exhaust system?
> Date: Thursday, February 06, 1997 11:34 AM
>
> Jules Glogovcsan wrote:

the intake!!
Most
> > > people LOVE that sort of thing!!!! I rarely hear it on
mine... My
exhaust
> > > seems to> drown out most it... OH WELL!!!
> >
> > damn man, that fipk can be REAL loud at WOT... and
YOUR exhaust drowns
> > it out!?! Whooo-wee!... what you got there... a 2" exhaust
system of
the
> > back of the stock manifolds... :)
> >
> > --
> > ###############
> >
> > Jules/MPI
> > 99 Tech Central
> > Dodgeville, RAM USA
>

> Actually, I ONLY have stock plumbing up to the CAT,
then I have the
> CAT opened up to 3", then 3" to an ULTRA-FLO muffler,
then 3" out (to
> the
> stock location on passenger side). In the morning when
it's cold, I
> get a
> 'smoke ring' @ start up (vapor, mist, etc, not ENGINE
smoke)...

> A friend of mine had the same setup (but 2.5") on his
Ford Ranger
> (4.0),
> and it made a good perf. increase for him, plus it had a
good sound to
> it
> (not TOO loud, but better than stock). My 3" system is a
HELL of lot
> louder
> (yes, I know V8 vs. V6 makes a difference, BUT)... He still
says it
> sounds like
> a stock car coming up the street... HA HA
>
> I've got a couple of .WAV files on the Web Site
(Dakota), but they were
> taken standing still... I will have a few 'action' recordings
(Like
> KukuKooter's)
> by next week...
>
> So Jules, now that my $$$ is in better shape, what's
the next $100-$200
> item I can get for my '95 SLT 5-speed, K&N FIPK (from
you), MP SBEC
> (from you)...
>
> ...Sam '95 SLT
>
> BTW: "I got a Check ENG light yesterday, checked
the codes and got a
> code 12 (then 55), that's the battery/power loss
code, right??"

> (In addition) I nearly stalled the truck, recovered,
then the
> light came on... A hicup???(from
power/drop/surge)??